Marie Chan is a Partner at Vivaldi. She is a seasoned marketing strategist with remarkable experience in managing and building iconic brands, helping clients find insightful and actionable solutions to branding problems and unlocking opportunities across a wide range of categories.
Prior to joining Vivaldi, Marie held consultancy tenures at brand, design and marketing research consulting firms where she successfully helped clients unleash their brands’ full potential. Her client experience includes FMCG, wines and spirits, beauty, electronics, technology, telecom, media, healthcare, financial services and insurance industries. Her extensive brand strategy experience spans a wide range of global companies including Hershey, Pernod Ricard and Hewlett Packard Enterprises.
Marie also has 12 years’ work experience working at Unilever and Pepperidge Farm. At Pepperidge Farm, she was responsible for their cookies and crackers business. During her time at Unilever, Marie convinced her consumers to go ahead, get dirty; cuddle up with Snuggle bear; that 40+ is beautiful; and margarine can be good for your heart. Marie began her career at Ogilvy & Mather Advertising.
Marie is passionate about fostering team collaboration, driving for results through actionable solutions and building purposeful brands that make a positive impact on society.
Marie holds B.S. and M.B.A. degrees from Cornell University, and lives with her family in Redding, Connecticut.
Challenges She's Taken on Recently
- Optimize the member and associate experiences for a health insurance company’s grievance and appeals process
- Develop an employee engagement plan and roadmap to help an enterprise software company embed its brand strategies across the organization
- Identify white space opportunities for a retail pharmacy’s store brands portfolio to best address consumers’ unmet needs
- Brand positioning and purpose
- Organization/employee experience
- Marketing capability building
- Marketing effectiveness
Talk to Her About
- Employee advocacy: how companies can inspire, align and mobilize employees to build brands from the inside-out
- Juggling work, family, long commutes…and how to be relaxed about it all
- Her love for Italian truffle-hunting dogs