Larry Lucas is a Senior Partner at Vivaldi and brings a rare combination of extensive line management and consulting experience. His 25-year diverse background includes leadership roles in global brand management, brand and business model transformation, employee engagement and capability building initiatives where he demonstrated a proven ability to establish long-term strategy, build teams, and drive change within organizations.
Larry has led numerous global client engagements across multiple industry sectors. Key assignments included being a strategic advisor to Brunswick Marine, leading the SABMiller brand portfolio strategy, and creating the organic growth strategy for BASF North America. He has recently had the opportunity to work with American Express, Goodyear, Welbilt Food Services and Carpenter Technology. Larry’s focus today is on the new era of brand building, one where platform economics will impact all of us. He strongly believes every product, business and brand today that can be a platform in the future will become one.
Larry began his career at Clairol/P&G and as Group Brand Director, led the resurgence of the Herbal Essences® hair/skincare franchise and was responsible for developing the worldwide brand strategy.
Challenges He's Taken on Recently
- Creating a new apparel brand that puts the power back in the hands of consumers
- Building a Latin American dairy brand vision and innovation platform
- Developing the go-to-market growth strategy and activation elements for a leading financial services B2B payment solutions portfolio
- Creating the platform vision for a leading global food safety and certifications organization
- Business Model Transformation
- Portfolio Strategy & Architecture
- Marketing Capability Development
- Go-To-Market Strategy
Talk to Him About
- How to make sure your marketing is driving the desired behavior
- His two sons
- Why even the biggest companies should act like insurgents
- My fantasy football team