After a career of 15 years in academics and extensive professional work experience in several large multinational companies, Erich Joachimsthaler founded Vivaldi in 1999. He is actively engaged in many consulting projects for leading companies and brands. In addition to his consulting work, Erich does extensive research on global brands and the formulation of corporate and business-unit level strategies. A sought-after speaker, he also conducts executive-level conferences and workshops around the world in English, German, and Spanish.
Erich is a published thought leader and his book, Brand Leadership, co-written with David A. Aaker and translated into 14 languages, is considered a groundbreaking discussion on the recent developments in brand strategy. He has completed a new book, Hidden in Plain Sight, that focuses on the role of brands in creating economic value and growth for firms. Erich is also the author of more than 40 articles and case studies in leading academic and business journals, including Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, and Business Week.
Erich has held academic faculty positions in the US and Europe and taught in various executive programs in Latin America, Asia and Africa. He holds masters and doctorate degrees from universities in Germany and the U.S., and completed his education with a Post-Doctorate Fellowship at Harvard Business School.
Challenges He's Taken on Recently
- Building a real-time decision making tool to improve brand management for a global consumer electronics brand
- Helping a credit card company increase its daily relevance by leveraging moments that matter in consumers' lives
- Advising the CEO of a global oil field services company on brand strategy through a decade of critical growth including key
- Growth & Innovation
- Digital Transformation
- Brand Strategy
Talk to Him About
- His three children and family dog
- Running in Central Park
- The mountain bike ride when he and David Aaker figured out the brand architecture spectrum
- The in-store market research that validated the "Intel Inside" ingredient brand strategy