Luis Gérardin is a Partner at Vivaldi, representing the Latin American office based out of Buenos Aires, Argentina. He brings more than 30 years of experience in CPG and personal banking in both commercial and marketing sides, translating complex strategic issues into simple actionable plans with a strong track record of performance at The Coca-Cola Company, leading widespread and diverse teams in the Southern Cone, and achieving regional and global impact. Luis’ experience on the client side allows him to empathize and help solve real business challenges and realize opportunities through action.
Prior to joining Vivaldi, Luis was VP of Marketing for The Coca-Cola Company in the South Latin Business Unit, where he led the Portfolio & Brand Growth Strategies and brand plans that contributed to the unit’s solid and continuous growth between 2007 and 2017. His team was internally awarded as Best Marketing Worldwide on several occasions. Luis has been also recognized as Best Marketing Professional in Argentina, and The Coca-Cola Company was multi-awarded in several regional and global marketing and advertising forums.
Luis has strong leadership skills, managing both local and virtual teams. He also has extensive experience in change management, restructuring teams, redesigning processes, leading people development programs, and driving cultural change.
Luis holds a Bachelor degree in Business Administration at the Universidad de Buenos Aires. He took part in leadership and marketing programs at Harvard Business School, Kellog School of Management, Wharton Business School, IAE, and IPADE. He is also a Member of the Advisory Board of Marketers by Adlatina and several local businesses.
Challenges He's Taken on Recently
- Growing Vivaldi's business in LATAM
- Leading Coca-Cola's widespread and diverse teams and achieving regional and global impact
- Developing the Brand Identity of an upcoming Fintech
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Positioning
- Brand Portfolio Strategy
- Brand Communications
- Innovation Strategy & Implementation
- Change management
Talk to Him About
- Megatrends and social, political & business dynamics in the VUCA world
- His family & friends
- Movies, football, golf and tennis
On His Bookshelf
- Digital Darwinism: Survival of the Fittest in the Age of Business Disruption by Tom Goodwin
- Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy - And How to Make Them Work for You by Geoffrey Parker, Marshall Van Alstyne, and Sangeet Paul Choudary
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman