Alberto Velasco is a Partner at Vivaldi, co-leading the Latin American office based out of Buenos Aires, Argentina. He brings over 25 years of international experience as senior marketing executive for some of the world’s leading brands across various industries. Alberto is a proven expert in portfolio and brand strategy and in marketing execution at local, regional and global levels. He has extensive experience leading business plan development and execution and driving internal cultural changes.
Prior to joining Vivaldi, Alberto was the Digital Disruption for Growth Director at The Coca-Cola Company in the South Latin Business Unit, where he helped develop e-commerce and other digital transformation initiatives for the region. He was also the Coca-Cola Trademark Director for South Latin and the Regional Marketing Director in Argentina, in charge of the company’s overall portfolio, leading the development of many Global and LATAM brand strategy, innovation and communication projects.
Moreover, Alberto brings experience in successfully managing brands from different industries. He began his career in 1994 as a marketer in the automobile industry (e.g. Hyundai and Mazda) in Perú. In 2000, he joined McDonald’s and worked as Marketing Manager for the North Andean Region in South America, where he led a customer-centric cultural transformation within the Company. In 2003, he moved to BellSouth Peru, where he led a firmwide launch of 3G technology. In 2004, he joined The Coca-Cola Company.
Alberto studied Business Administration and has an MBA from the Universidad de Piura in Peru.
Challenges He's Taken on Recently
- Growing Vivaldi's business in LATAM
- Developing an e-commerce model and a startup culture for The Coca-Cola Company
- Redesigning and re-launching the Coca-Cola™ branded house
- Advertising, Automobiles, Telecom (mobiles), Fast Food, Beverages
- Global/regional/local scope
- Business Plan, Brand Strategy, Communication Strategy
- Innovation, Brand Assets, Brand Experience
- Marketing Execution
Talk to Him About
- Change: Personal and Business
- Relevance of Marketing
- Practicing Sports and Caribbean vacations
- Parenthood and time management
On His Bookshelf
- Killing Marketing: How Innovative Businesses Are Turning Marketing Cost Into Profit by Joe Pulizzi, Robert Rose
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim, Renée Mauborgne
- Eating the Big Fish: How Challenger Brands Can Compete Against Brand Leaders by Adam Morgan