Richard Rolka is Vivaldi’s Partner and Chief Financial Officer, working alongside the leadership team to help shape the overall strategy and direction of the firm. An avid believer in servant leadership, Richard leads Vivaldi’s global finance and administration, always looking for opportunities to help others and improve the way Vivaldi does business and creates value for its clients and teams. Always leading by example, Richard obsesses about the power of the consumer, and the enormous role and value of strategic brand building and innovation in the era of business turbo charged by platform business models and digital ecosystems.
With his ability to integrate numbers with strategy, and an eye on business objectives and culture, Richard sees himself as a change agent and an agile integral resource to colleagues across the group. One part of this role requires a strategic growth-oriented mindset, the other requires being fundamentally conservative to balance the incredible optimism and the collective ambition of the team.
Having started his career in public accounting, Richard is a CPA as well as a chartered global management accountant. Over the years, Richard has held various management roles and has been involved with several service companies and startups in both leadership and board-level roles, always instilling a financial approach and mindset to help all parts of these businesses perform better.
He is originally from a tiny town in Poland and now lives in Trumbull, Connecticut with his wife Ania, his son John and daughters, Kayla and Ellie.
- Process Implementation
- Growth Roadmap
- Measurement & Reporting
- Social Media
Talk to Him About
- The incredibly long commute from Connecticut
- The most famous people of Polish heritage
- German shorthair pointers
- Trumbull, CT as best place to live on the planet
- Ways of fixing and simplifying the US tax code
On His Bookshelf
- The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida
- Talent is Overrated: What Really Separates World-Class Performers from Everybody Else by Geoff Colvin
- The Captive Mind by Czeslaw Milosz
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell