Dr. Markus Zinnbauer
Markus Zinnbauer is a Senior Partner and the head of Vivaldi’s analytics practice. He brings deep and practical expertise in quantitative methods and brand management strategy.
Markus has led a broad portfolio of quantitative marketing projects, including brand equity measurement and management, marketing spend effectiveness and NPV-based evaluation of different brand architecture options as well as developing market simulation models. His work also includes brand development, implementation, and activation as well as the development of brand portfolio strategies.
Markus’ industry expertise includes major global players in the industrial, technology and utility sectors. In the healthcare space, Markus was recently involved in the brand strategy for a major new pharmaceutical brand which separated the OTC business from the Rx business and in the product portfolio strategy and quantitative study for a leading medical publisher.
Prior to joining Vivaldi, he spent many years as a project manager at a German consulting firm, supporting international and medium-sized enterprises with strategic branding issues as well as financial and organizational challenges.
Markus studied business administration at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich and M.I.T. He has a Ph.D. from the Munich School of Management’s Institute of Market Management. Markus is a regular speaker at conferences and author of articles in national and international journals.
Challenges He's Taken on Recently
- Driving growth of a beverage company by developing a sales strategy and tactics to compete in regional markets
- Helping an energy provider to implement their vision and a truly customer-centric behavior across all departments and functions
- Supporting the CEO and the leadership team of a creative solutions firm in finding a new positioning in the marketplace
- Defining the digital strategy and roadmap for an agriculture company to increase customer loyalty
- Data & Analytics
- Brand Performance Tracking
- Marketing & Brand Strategy
- Innovation Management
Talk to Him About
- How the changing consumer behavior is changing each and every market, personally
- How great kids are
- How great music is (mostly indie)
- How much fun good food brings to life
On His Bookshelf
- Risk Savvy: How to Make Good Decisions by Gerd Gigerenzer
- Search Inside Yourself by Chade-Meng Tan
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn