Businesses had no time to stand still during the COVID-19 pandemic. They had to move — testing and experimenting with workplace policy updates. Those who lacked agility lost remarkable traction. The pandemic shaped the future of employee experience (EX).
Knowing how to improve employee experience is critical for retention, engagement, and core business operations. Transformation starts at ground level, and you have the power to change the employee experience. Engaged employees are more productive, and connecting with them involves more than their salary. Here’s what you can do.
Why Employee Experience Matters More Than Ever
Why improve the employee experience? About 50.5 million people quit their jobs in 2022. The workplace landscape has undergone seismic shifts. Employee expectations have changed.
A paycheck is no longer enough. As many as 79% of employees would rather stay at an organization where they feel valued, even if it means earning less. In a business landscape where replacing an employee can cost up to $10,000, knowing how to improve employee experience at work makes your business agile from the inside out.
The Transformative Nature of Remote Work
The pandemic forced organizations to reimagine employee experience for a workforce scattered across the globe. Over 87% of employees still value the opportunity to work remotely. However, while many initial challenges have faded, lack of social interaction, coordination, and blurred boundaries between work and home life still exist.
The Rising Importance of Employee Well-Being
Well-being is fast becoming a foundation of successful employees, and people are no longer willing to sacrifice their physical and mental health for their jobs. Agile businesses have responded by reinvigorating the employee value proposition.
The Effects of Work-Life Balance
Challenges like burnout and isolation are rife, and work-life integration policies are essential for better employee engagement. Business leaders must blend their teams’ personal and professional needs rather than treating them as conflicting entities, trusting their teams to remain proactive and efficient.
Key Trends Shaping the Future of Employee Experience
Shifting your employee experience model in line with future trends is critical to maintaining a culture of purposeful change. Stay aware of the following trends:
Personalized Work Experiences
Mental health challenges soared during the pandemic. Business leaders responded by making the workplace gentler and improving their mental health benefits. The future involves designing personalized work experiences that support people’s lives and improve their well-being.
Initiating four-day work weeks and requiring teams to take all of their vacation time are real possibilities. Embrace the “anywhere work” concept, and you’ll deliver employees a consistent, enriching experience. With 87% of EX professionals endorsing the impact of personalization, tailored training programs, individualized communications, and personalized growth paths are here to stay.
Leveraging Technology to Enhance Connectivity and Collaboration
Combatting challenges like isolation with digital engagement and collaboration tools fosters a sense of belonging and supports the employee experience.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is revolutionizing EX, and it goes beyond automating repetitive tasks. Harness the power of AI to personalize and streamline your employee engagement initiatives. For example, AI-powered chatbots can be trained to support employees around the clock, fostering an environment where they feel heard.
Growing Employee Wellness Initiatives
Employee wellness initiatives show you see your employees as human beings. With your help, employees can adopt and sustain healthy behaviors that improve their physical and mental well-being. Wellness is more than a trend. It’s a culture. As more business leaders adopt robust employee wellness programs, they reap the benefits.
How Vivaldi Group Helps Shape the Future of Employee Experience
Top talent has the upper hand. Vivaldi can help you connect with them. Work with us to cultivate connections that amplify impact across your organization, empower a purpose-driven culture, and equip your team with agile and resilient mindsets.
Vivaldi’s Approach to Improving Employee Experience
Drive boundless growth with Vivaldi’s approach to employee experience:
- Cultural Transformation: Vivaldi’s Cultural Transformation service realigns your organization’s culture with the unrelenting speed of today’s business. Cultivate your business culture to attract, retain, and unite top talent. An agile culture that embraces change can meet any trend head-on. Vivaldi’s strategies involve empowering employees with the tools to solve problems, igniting growth and collaborative innovation.
- Organizational Enablement: Backed by a robust and agile culture, Vivaldi partners with you to reimagine structures and capabilities, equipping your leaders and people with new skills and operating within an interconnected landscape. Foster collaborative connections. Equip your team with innovative mindsets. Empower a purpose-driven culture. Vivaldi integrates connectivity within every fiber of your organization and equips your team with the capabilities to leverage innovative technology, helping them propel your business forward.
- AI-Powered Innovation Capabilities: Develop synergy and fuse human creativity with AI advancement to upskill your team. Our AI-powered advanced data analytics uncover growth opportunities, preparing your team for continuous innovation in a dynamic landscape.
Adapt to Changing Workplace Dynamics
Agility is a mindset. Vivaldi’s consulting services will help you instill that mindset at a cultural level. Together, we can shift your employees’ perspectives, preparing them to anticipate and react to rapid business changes. Foster a people-centric corporate culture aligned with your values and prioritize your employees’ growth. Create an environment that shows you value every team member. With our consultants’ input, you can initiate new ways to encourage success.
Explore our strategic management processes:
- American Express: Like every industry giant, American Express sought to reinforce its competitive advantage. Impressed by our Customer First methodology, they asked us to embed that mindset in every employee’s workflow. This need sparked an organization-wide transformation, uniting employees around the customer-first philosophy. In the wake of this monumental success, we continue to part with them, rolling out employee programs and additional modules when necessary.
- Bayernwerk: Amid change and uncertainty, Bayernwerk partnered with us to inspire 3,000 employees and rediscover their passion. Together, we rebranded them as an attractive employer focused on fostering empowerment and enhancing community impact. Our collaboration resulted in an award-winning employer branding campaign, boosting employee engagement in an agile, customer-centric culture.
Practical Tips for Businesses Looking to Improve Employee Experience
Every transformation begins with a single step. The following tips can drive your organization toward improved employee experience:
Understand Your Employees’ Needs and Preferences
Start with gaining an in-depth understanding of individual team members across their employee journeys. Use their personas as tools to create human and data-driven descriptions of them and identify opportunities to improve their experience.
Empower them through moments in the employee life cycle designed to highlight agility and reward innovation. Shape their experiences for every part of their journey, from providing connection points for remote employees to digitizing communications in a brick-and-mortar setting.
Implement Technological Solutions That Support Interaction and Cooperation
Create an environment that encourages teams to share ideas. Connect them and your company’s goals with technology. Make it fun and appealing with an online recognition program, or utilize an internal chat application. Use your physical office space for intentional gatherings and team-building activities. If you have an international workforce, connect them online or set up informal meetings.
Partner With Vivaldi’s Experienced Consultants to Shape Your Strategies
Implementing an organizational EX transformation requires a robust change management strategy. A partnership with our skilled and experienced strategists can help you identify critical needs or guide you through the transformation. Trust us to embark on this significant shift with you, developing a sound strategy and growth culture and providing the tools you need to achieve your EX objectives.
Redefine Employee Experience With Vivaldi
EX is shaping the future of work. Embracing this transformation means movement. Your top talent is already moving. Turn employee transactions into interactions and create a culture of agility with Vivaldi. Partner with us to leverage our consulting services and drive your business into the future from the inside. We empower your people, building the skills they need to grow with your business.
Since 1999, Vivaldi has created transformational growth by putting our client’s success at the center of every interaction. Choose Vivaldi as your trusted partner in enhancing the employee experience. Speak to a consultant today to learn more.