David Tran is a Senior Engagement Manager with Vivaldi. He has been bringing a combination of marketing strategy, consumer empathy and creative expertise to his client work for over ten years at Vivaldi. He has been highly involved in multiple facets of Vivaldi’s key offerings including brand identity and positioning, brand experience strategy, brand architecture, customer segmentation and Demand-First Innovation and Growth™ strategy. David has played an integral part in the development, evolution and application of these approaches to address the increasing sophistication of clients who demand new and innovative ways to position their brands for the future.
David’s experience spans multiple industries including hospitality & leisure, real estate, consumer packaged goods, utilities, telecommunications and retail. At Vivaldi, his client engagements included projects with LEGO, Samsung, Rusal, VocaLink, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Nestle and DIRECTV.
David previously worked as an experience strategist at Rockwell Group, founded and led by “Starchitect” David Rockwell, where he served as the strategic lead in project teams comprised of architects, graphic designers and industrial designers. At Rockwell, he developed brand strategies and new concepts in real estate and hospitality such as Starwood Hotels (Sheraton, Phoenician Spa and Resorts), Hines & Archstone-Smith (City Center DC) and the City of New York (Coney Island, Governors Island).
David holds a B.A. in Economics, Philosophy, and Politics from New York University. He also holds an M.B.A. from London Business School, where he was President of the Marketing Club and Chair of the TEDxLondonBusinessSchool conference.
Challenges He's Taken on Recently
- Helping a global financial services utility become more commercially minded
- Defining the intersection between learning and playing for one of the world’s most loved brand
- Finding new ways to market an inherently high-carbon material as better for the environment and the bottom line
- Starting a non-profit to help immigrant-owned small businesses grow
- Brand Strategy
- Consumer Behavior
- Innovation Workshops
- Marketing & Brand Strategy
Talk to Him About
- How Beyoncé constantly changes the game in the music industry
- Improving physical, emotional, mental and spiritual heath through yoga
- Empathy for others through self-awareness of own privileges
- Television as one of the most powerful medium to tell human stories
On His Bookshelf
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls