Hi! We’re Vivaldi – The Transformation Company. Our culture-first, customer-first, and digital-first view on the New Model for Building Brands has transformed businesses and moved people all over the world. We’re excited to move you, too!
We’re a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, growing team of strategists, creatives, writers, designers, artists, media professionals, innovation architects, product designers, and engineers—focused on fundamentally changing the brand and business world one client at a time. We’re digitally-driven, culturally connected, and impact-orientated. Our friends call us smart, strategic, creative, nerdy, and nice — and we’re excited to meet YOU.
Our belief is that VIVALDI is a canvas for everyone to write their own story. Whatever role talent takes, we expect they will evolve it. If you’re going to make an impact at the firm, it will be different tomorrow than it is today as you set new standards in the industry. The ideal candidate will live on the bubble of pop culture trends, an influencer in their own right, pushing forward ideas that drive innovation and challenge the status quo.
And you are…?
Well, if our intro piqued your interest, you’re likely a gifted all-around senior conceptual writer with a rich creative skillset who’s ready to take on your next big role. You have a special knack for more than just copy and you are thrilled at the thought of not just imagining the future, but also making it happen. That would really be something.
Think AND Do. That’s your thing. Maybe you’re excited about UX. Or Brand Strategy. Maybe you’re one of the select few who know how UX IS Brand Strategy. Maybe culture and innovation is your knack? If you’re a well-rounded writer with a passion for the new world of building brands – we’re passionate about meeting you!
Imagine TO Make. That’s your thing, too. From user stories and research, to brainstorms and workshops, to article writing, content to campaigns, and disruptive marketing, you have an example of all of it in your portfolio and a passion to do more.
We’re a small firm, so our Creative Director – Writer needs to be a multi-skilled powerhouse, someone equally adept at home writing copy, scripts, names, and headlines as they are coming up with inventive ideas, directing a piece of content, or stepping in to help out with UX, workshops, or art direction.
- You’ve been working in creative and digital for more than 5 years and have a well-developed portfolio of campaigns, content, products, services, brand, and communications work to back it up
- You listen well but don’t shy away from sharing your own point of view and you also happen to be in possession of a fine set of communication skills, which stands you in good stead when it comes to explaining your creative choices to your team, to clients, and to other stakeholders
- You’re good at navigating ambiguity and you don’t mind asking questions or asserting action
- You’re a design thinker at heart and understand its effect on collectivism, creativity, and code
- You’re a researcher by nature. Your friends rely on you to know what hasn’t been done, what’s been done to death, and what’s dying to get out there
- You’re looking for the next big thing – for your career and in life. And the idea of working at a company that is at the ground floor of disruption and change in organizations excites you
- You’re a natural leader and have proven leadership across disciplines and channels
- You have a ”Can-do” attitude that fosters a positive, productive working environment. You understand that you’re nothing without a talented and motivated team around you
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. A pioneering spirit; resourceful and good at hands-on troubleshooting and able to take ownership quickly and reliably.
- You have impeccable writing skills—in many tones of voice for many purposes. You have an ability to understand (and write) a creative brief and deliver an imaginative, attractive response
- MS Office? G Suite? Hell, you could teach courses on ‘em if you’d a mind to
- And you do all of this while balancing a sense of urgency with a calm and confident demeanor
Now, if you want to really impress us, show us how you eat Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Marvel, Framer, Proto.io, Axure, Miro, Animation, Creative Strategy, SEO, or SEM for breakfast.
If you’re the kind of person that flourishes in an environment of autonomy, curiosity, dedication, and making the impossible possible, welcome to the family. Seriously, stop reading – we need to get going here.
Still reading? Thought so, you’re considered and curious. Now, let’s talk about what lies at the root of it all: It’s your empathy, isn’t it?
That very human desire to understand other people and use that understanding to engage them. You understand what makes people tick. You pine for meaning in culture. You use it to speak to the human spirit and construct experiences and stories that disrupt. This is what informed your decision to enter the field, and it’s what continues to inform your choices as you work on products and create content people love.
I’m sure you’d love to hear a little more about us…
Vivaldi is one of the largest independent growth strategy, creative, and digital innovation firms. We work at the intersection of brand strategy, content, experiences, and technology to help clients build capabilities, restructure organizations, and create products, services, and experiences with meaning. But don’t let all that growth talk scare you. Actually, let it scare you. It is the least we can do to match your scary skills.
We have a distinct point of view. Our entire company is focused on one thing: driving Impact through strategy -first, customer-first, AND digital-first thinking. We believe every brand today is affected by Platform Economics, and helping brands find their role in something we call The Interaction Field creates amazing outcomes for them and meaningful, interesting work for us. Over the years, our proprietary approach has been highly acclaimed by entrepreneurs and the biggest brands alike, while our thought-leadership has become required reading on some of the most powerful business, brand, and marketing desks everywhere.
Our proprietary model: Platform Thinking helps our clients develop the right brand, business, and digital strategies in order to create customer experiences that win with people, hearts, and their wallets. Everyone at the company is an expert in Platform Thinking and every one of our clients learns it – as a right of passage in working with us. And once they learn it, they never go back.
We’re fiercely independent. We are not beholden to a hold-co. Our business doesn’t over-index in one particular category or client. And we are right-sized for impact. We employ our 100 talented strategists and creators across projects in New York, London, Los Angeles, Dusseldorf, Munich, and Buenos Aires. Being global doesn’t mean you have to be huge. You just need to make a huge impact. And that’s what we do.
In New York, where you’ll report to duty, we are a team of smart, agile, and curious individuals.
A lot more about what you’re going to do:
We’re uber-collaborative so you’ll be working on agile teams, of course, and you’ll specialize in translating ideas from testing and research into the actual content, branding, user experiences, and even innovation. You’ll frequently interface with clients, and you’ll be asked to weigh in on the team’s processes, something that’s always under the microscope at this innovation-first company.
You’ll be joining a growing team of other Creative Directors and Associate Creative Directors, each with a distinct discipline – from UX to Creative Technology to Graphic Design. Once you join, our well-rounded CD team will be complete and you’ll be the go-to expert for all things word-related.
- You’ll be concepting thumb-stopping ideas for social
- You’ll be concepting new product and innovation ideas for brands from spirits to automotive to banking
- You’ll bring fresh ideas and digital, social and cultural knowledge to all our work
- You’ll work alongside the social, brand, and digital consultants to stay on top of digital and cultural trends
- You’ll connect with teams on in-house projects such as showreels and thought pieces etc.
- You’ll deliver timely, inspiring, and high-quality work within available time and budgets
- You’ll seek to identify and explore new approaches, bringing them to the team to make us all better at our craft
- You’ll work with our CCO to maintain and improve copy standards within the firm
A final word:
We’re growing and we’ll need you to grow, too. Expect to collaborate, big-time, with multidisciplinary strategists, technologists, and other creatives, as you pull out all the stops to deliver. As you find your way into this job, you’ll begin to extend yourself in a direction that’s natural for you: are you a visual specialist? A gifted product manager? We want you to find your new niche and own it.
Some of our benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision Options, including FSA
- 401K Matching Up to 4%
- Partial Cell Phone Reimbursement
From time to time, system updates on the Application Collection Platform may occur, leaving candidates unable to submit their application. If you experience any technical errors when applying for this position, please direct your application to email@example.com