Dirk Kammerzell is a Creative Director at Vivaldi. Dirk is one of the leading creative experts in the areas of corporate and product brand identity and the creation of innovation-driven brand experiences. Early in his career, Dirk worked on the rebranding for British Airways and spent two years running around airport hangars and terminals around the globe while taking responsibility to implement the new brand identity across environmental, interior, and in-flight applications.
Rebranding initiatives for Barclays Bank and IBM were other major projects during his time in London time with a global brand consultancy firm. After relocating to the Amsterdam office to lead the creative on branding GM Opel, Dirk headed down under to start and head up the firm’s Australian creative services in Melbourne.
Since 2002, Dirk has been located in New York where he initially worked with the Arnell Group on major branding initiatives for Masterfoods, Reebok, Sun Microsystems, Pfizer, and Diageo. His work has been featured in many publications, including the book ‘What is Branding’ by Matthew Healey, and the rebranding campaign for M&M’s which was voted into the ‘10 Big Ideas in Marketing’ by Adweek magazine.
Dirk actively teaches classes on brand identity and brand strategy at the School of Visual Arts and Parsons The New School for Design in New York.
Challenges He's Taken on Recently
- Setting the stage for a global, multi-portfolio B2B brand to go to market with a united brand identity
- Creating a brand identity and retail presence for a regional CPG brand that celebrates its provenance while preparing it to take market share from established national players in the shelf
- Developing an innovation-driven educational program for one of the most prestigious design schools in the world
- Establishing a refreshed brand identity for a utility business in a niche market that celebrates the brand's true points of difference
- Design & Experience
- Growth & Innovation
- Marketing Campaigns
Talk to Him About
- Why psychology is the most powerful tool when it comes to building brand experiences
- How my daughter inspires almost everything I do
- The amazing places on earth I was lucky to see already and the ones that are still on the list
- Soccer (or football as I like to refer to it)
On His Bookshelf
- X: The Experience When Business Meets Design by Brian Solis
- Road Trip To Innovation by Delia Dumitrscu
- Design Thinking for Strategic Innovation by Idris Mootee
- Trendbook 2018 by TrendOne